Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Surprise



Tales From Jack Sailey’s Journal Presents:
The Surprise


Take a breathe- Verse 1

Sun comes up in a scintillating fashion
Slithers in the blinds, strikes my eyes
I awake; besides the piercing light, 
the grey undertones dress the sky
I check the scene;
 I gather a quick measure of the potential of the day
Rise up; synchronously plummet to the couch
Urge to begin, time to move
Feet planted once again, I approach the kitchen
Forge over chaos, leave bottles in my wake
Made it again, another binge, one more day
Stretched my perception to the outside depiction
Stopped and listened
Just cars and birds holler in the distance
About face, march
Suddenly a memory arises
The girl from the previous night 
stabs me and reminds me of my vices
Journey down the hallway, headed for my sanctuary
Push the entrance to the portal
The image becomes clear
The lady from last night is still here
Face in pillow; naked except socks
The night stand is full of its’ usual residents
Hydrocodone, crack cocaine
A few baggies, and the vinyl, the single, “Purple Rain”
Think about slipping her a surprise
But something doesn’t feel right
She looks pale
I shake her twice, her body is lifeless
Panic grabs me, so I grab my phone
Scan through the contacts
I need some assistance
A person who isn’t concerned with the facts
Just the restitution in this body loosing
Land on one, hit send
Like I thought, he isn’t concerned with the sin
Only in the outcome and the ends
Now I’ve confirmed my expectations
No time for elatedness
I need a shower to shake this
Turn on the water
Flop down on the toilet, reach in the drawer and grab my pipe
Hit it twice, then its game time, one mistake isn’t owning my life


Take a Breathe- Verse 2

Worked in the shampoo
Heard the screen door
Bang on the wall
It’s Keith, “Hey man did someone call a sneak?”
Yeah man; she’s in the room
Take a tour, Ill be out soon
“What happened did she choke on that paradise?”
Not sure, I was done for
“Alright, I see, we’ll get this done for sure.”
He went to investigate
I spun the nozzle to the right
Stepped in my shorts, grabbed a towel
Then I aimed my sights
Hit the lights
Strangeness, my man is on his knees
I hear a sniffle
Right hand of mine reaches to shake him
He swung around a sent me to the wall
Fingers circling my throat
Leaving indentions
Before I could plead my case, didn’t even get to mention
I peered into his eyes and realized the reason for his disdain
This is the crazy part, pay attention
I met this man awhile back you see
Hung in different circles
I from Harbins and he from Pirkle
But once one night
Our groups were gathered at a cookout
Was slightly faded
Didn’t store any memories
Looking into his eyes it all became clear
Her name was Sandra
Keith and her shared a parent
Now it was apparent
“Your going to die mother fucker!”
I attempted to gurgle a phrase
He swung me to the floor
I rolled backward, reached for the gauge
Cocked back
Left him in more than a daze
Thoughts poured in, must wait till dark
In mean time, wrap them, drag them to the door
Leave them on a portrait on the floor
Now I wait…count the seconds till dusk

Take a breathe- Verse 3

Time has come
Opened the door slowly, glance quickly
Thrust them in the trunk
Landed in the captains chair
Headed for the abandoned construction spot
The one where those two children fell
The news reported it was at least a 100 foot drop
Secluded in a corner
With no one looking
Light will never shed
Nervous tension
Swerve in the street
Avoid a dog
For some reason, a hit a run seemed wrong
Either way; my act of kindness, there is no one to witness
My path is glared upon by the overlooking grenery
My inner voice starts to speak
No problem, have something to make me free
The flame rolls under the glass
Spot smoke rolling up
Breathe in slowly
So simplistic, when emotions don’t lead to resistance
Arrived did I
Turn the key, sound of a pop, the enclosure revealed its inhabitants
Staged them at the edge
This was it
I first rolled an acquaintance
Stood for a second
Thought of the girl
Did she deserve this?
Or was she ever so inviting, into this treacherous world
Right hand clenched her wrappings
Went to act
Foot slipped
Suddenly I was staring at different scenery
It was the sky
Never imagined this would be how I ended my life
As I descended, my one night stand came after me
As if seeking revenge
Soon we will be at the bottom
Our paths will collide
Our resting place
Before I could start to repent
Felt the earth
Maybe no one was even there to listen
Either way the drop was much shallower than I first thought
Deep enough to inhibit my movement
But still I gasped for air
Door has yet to slam, suddenly I begin to care
The high is gone
I must prey
Wait…. it’s too late
Pain takes control
Blinds start to close
I start to feel the dark
I can’t believe I became another victim from the 
"trailer park"……………The End

No comments:

Post a Comment