Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Redemption

I don’t know where I’ve been,
All I know is I’ve killed the kid,
The one in me, innocence been splattered,
This must be it, needless to say,
I must spit,
Before its blood might as well be rhymes,
More so a message, get with the times,
So I place a fancy beat ,
 Add some sick soliloquys ,
Mix it up with a blend of melodies and metaphors,
Break it down, slang it out to the crowd,
Before you know it young mans been crowned,
That’s just a dream,
A wonderland, never know what will happen,
Better look out - while you think your ahead,
I’m actually about to start lapping,
What’s that, the quiet, no more laughing,
I have been here too long to not speak up,
Times up, grab a cup moist the mouth,
Get it ready for the showing out of a lifetime,

I guess its my time,
No longer will I peddle for the devil,
I didn’t sell my soul I pawned that bitch,
The terms weren’t clear, times were tough
But now I understand, and I want out of here,
I’m taking my shit ,throwing away my fear
I’m keeping a little bit in my pocket to remind myself though
Never get to close
Fuck drawing the line in the sand,
I’m flipping the whole sandbox
To expose the new plan
I had my dance with the devil,
Had a couple spins and a few twist
Champagne I sipped,
Now I’m spitting  out that shit,
To ignite the slit wrist
Of those who were affected
The broken families, babies neglected
This is for the misrepresented
The ones that have been bamboozled and swindled
The truth is here
Let it ring out , no clichés or shiny metals
This aint no trick, as real at it gets
Fuck the devil,
I’m exposing the one walking with arms open,
Only to get you close

Then its over

Whether it’s a noose or a poison toast

He will take you there,
The destination is known, its not where you wanna be
Look at me
I had to crawl out that bitch,
That black hole almost took me over
So now its time to lynch,
The true ignorant one,
The addicted and the pushers ,
the peddlers,
And all yall motha fuckas
That follow the hecklers
Stand in line
No fuck that
It’s our time, no more feeding the beast
When it’s all said and done
That man should be deceased
If not,
The next generation has to strap up,
Get ready for battle
Because I won’t stop, and he wont stop
So I thought I told you that we can’t stop
You may be persistent
You may be a baffling bastard,
But fuck it, I got a whole new hit list,
It includes the ones that go after the weak,
Petty mutha fuckas, quick to slap a man that turns the cheek
Well lets’ get it right
This is only the beginning
And it starts tonight, night, night, night


Nas said he’s gonna overthrow the devil
Whether it be with two turntables
Or some elaborate scheme
Whatever it may be,
I’m down, Ive seen the light
I had to get to the darkest spot,
For me to rise I had to first drop
I had to be humbled ,and I see that now
Thanks to he who is above
Out of love we can make it back
But now that we got a description
Gives us a chance to take a step back
Gain some perspective
Retroactive action must happen
Before we may begin overcome the most simplest sin
Time will tell, least now I know
No longer am I head in the sand
Rise up, like Samuel Jackson said

No comments:

Post a Comment